I trace myself back to Dean Shareski through my former Vice Principal, Brian Harrison. In a recent post, Dean assigned the following piece of homework for a few of the bloggers he follows. Here is the post.
Brian nominated me to share a bit about myself by telling 11 random things about me, and to answer some questions. Here are some things you may not know about me.
- Telling people about the stuff I do is rather difficult for me.
- To help pay my way through university I worked in the mail room of an insurance agency by day and was a DJ at night.
- My wife was also my girlfriend in high school.
- I like going through the process of reinventing the wheel.
- For 3 months I lived in Trinidad & Tobago.
- I train in Goju-Ryu Karate – Meibukan – and am currently a 3rd degree blackbelt.
- John Stockton is my favourite basketball player.
- If my dad had his way I would have been named: Giovanni.
- Learning a lot in my new role as a math coach – both as teacher and coach – and I have my amazing colleagues to thank for this.
- Love it when my 5 y.o. or 3 y.o. son call for me when they wake-up in the middle of the night. I typically go running to them.
Here are the questions Brian posed to me:
- Who is your favourite superhero? Spider-Man. He isn’t the strongest hero but with ingenuity and smarts, he gets the job done.
- What is the most interesting place you have visited? Philippines
- IOS or Android? IOS
- Would you rather be a hammer or a nail-Why? Tough one… Hammer. Potential for usefulness of nail remains after hammer has left. Hammer has at least 2 uses to it.
- What was your first part time job? Record Store clerk – yes vinyl records.
- Left on a desert island, what 3 books do you take with you? Musashi, Photo Album, and Surviving Deserted Islands for Dummies.
- When do you usually write your blog posts? Whenever I get the inspiration. During the week and then I try to post on the weekend (a little late with this one).
- Pizza- thin crust or regular? Deep Dish – Giordano’s Pizza in Chicago
- What was the topic of your first blog post? Basically I am nervous about blogging and I have Dean Shareski and Brian Harrison to thank for it.
- Did you ever own an 8-Track cassette? No.
- Lennon or McCartney? McCartney
If you want to play along too, then I have some prompts for you to respond to. But please share 11 things about yourself first. Looking forward to your responses.
- Who is the better Captain: Jean Luc Picard or Han Solo?
- Where in the world would you like most to visit?
- Your “go-to” dish to cook when trying to impress someone.
- Coffee, tea, or hot chocolate?
- What is your funniest ‘teaching’ memory?
- The last book you read was…
- What was your first part-time job (borrowing from Brian)?
- Favourite Seinfeld quote?
- Do you have a nickname and can you share it?
- Eggs over easy or scrambled?
- What is your favourite web tool or app?