- @Dean_of_math only if you promise to let us both sit and listen to a student's math thinking ☺️ (which I already know is a yes!) definitely. 5 days ago
- "..and not just to victimize them (Indigenous Voice)...but just have them as a solid voice in Canadian culture"-Yul… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 5 days ago
- .@Dean_of_math thanks for sharing student work on this...I need some time now to "listen" to their work. Talk soon twitter.com/dean_of_math/s… 5 days ago
- @ilana_horn thank you for always making time for my wonderings. 5 days ago
- @ilana_horn I've read some of your blog and beginning to read @deborah_ball work. Also looked at Freire and Michael Apple. 5 days ago
- @ilana_horn wondering about how some math pedagogy/assessment can unintentionally privilege or marginalize learners & families. For starters 5 days ago
- @ilana_horn hi can you help me? I want to learn more about intersection of equity & math. Hoping to read & learn. Suggestions? Thanks. 6 days ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 Canada License.
Disclaimer:This blog contains the reflections and ideas of Paul Aniceto. While there will be references to my work and content which relates directly to my work, the opinions are mine alone and do not necessarily reflect the ideals of my employer.
Tag Cloud1:1 Digital Classroom Environment 3-part lesson 4C's :1 digital classroom assessment Blog meme Bring your own device Bruce Lee BYOD comprehensive math program developing math ideas Digital Citizenship division algorithm education Education Technology ELL English Language Learner fixed mindset growth mindset independent work inquiry question joint work learning management system learning networks LMS math-talk community math basics math curriculum Math Dice Game math games math inquiry math pedagogy Math planning math practice math process expectations math reflections mini-lessons muffle's truffles number sense game PISA 2012 PLN probability game professional learning reflections remixing math questions River Crossing Math Game social media in education ST Math
Category Archives: Uncategorized
I trace myself back to Dean Shareski through my former Vice Principal, Brian Harrison. In a recent post, Dean assigned the following piece of homework for a few of the bloggers he follows. Here is the post. Brian nominated me … Continue reading
(Photo courtesy of Flickr user: Mark_twisT) How we view the math curriculum influences how we plan for learning in our math classes. If the curriculum is viewed as content to be covered, then it is understandable that there will be … Continue reading